Cashless Catering - sQuid system.
Havering Catering Services use the sQuid system for payment of school lunches. sQuid is a convenient and secure way for you to pay for child's meals online. You will need to register for a sQuid account. Please contact the school office for a Registration letter.
All Infant children will of course still be entitled to a free school meal, however you will still need to set up a sQuid account to ensure your child receives a meal, as all meals, free or paying will have to go through the sQuid system.
If you have more than one child at school you will only need to register one sQuid account and then simply add your other child/children sQuid registration number and security code to your account on 'Users' page.
The cost of a school meal remains at £2.20, The kitchen will no longer be selling drinks, water will be available, however if you wish your child to have juice/squash you will need to send in with your child each day.
Children should be provided with a healthy lunch, including a non-sugary drink. Please do not send in nuts, sweets, chocolate or crisps in your child’s packed lunch.
Scotts have signed up to the Local Authorities Health and Wellbeing in Schools Programme, to kickstart this initiative we shall be looking at the contents of packed lunch boxes brought into school and offer the following clarification of acceptable food and drink items.
- A savoury item – i.e. sandwich, crackers, bread sticks, pasta, sausage roll, rice, rice cakes
- A yoghurt or jelly (low sugar varieties)
- Piece of fresh fruit or vegetables
- One treat/fun size biscuit or cake (no chocolate or chocolate coated biscuits to bring in line with Havering Catering services school meal menu)
- A low sugar juice or squash drink or water
Items that are not included in this list will be sent back home and an alternative will be provided by the school for that day.
We would like to bring to your attention the Change 4 life website which has lots of healthier lunchbox ideas for you to consider
All water bottles sent into school for use in the classroom should be in a clear bottle and only contain water. Lunchtime drinks are as above and can be brought into the dining room in any suitable water bottle (not glass bottles). School water bottles are available to purchase from the school office at a cost of £2.00.
This is a newly developed healthy app only for Havering Primary School children. The app aims to create healthy competition amongst primary school children, where they learn to dodge unhealthy foods and get rewarded by collecting fruit and vegetables.
The main advantage for pupils downloading and playing this app, is that pupils can win your school sports prizes!! These prizes are worth up to £200!
Top performing schools will receive the following prizes based on the results at the end of the Summer term 2018.
- 1stPrize - Everyone Active Hertfordshire Mavericks Netball Coaching session
- 2ndPrize – Danson Hockey Coaching session
- 3rdPrize –3 hours at Noak Hill Sports Complex - Tennis Courts
- 4thPrize - Starter pack – From the Sports Collective
- 5thPrize - 5 A-Day Character Resource Pack
- SQuid - Each term the top performing twelve students on Veggie Run will receive one week’s worth of meals (5 x £2.20) applied to their sQuid catering purse.
- 2 bikes per term for the top performing girl and boy aged up to 11 years old plus cycle helmet.
- Buy one get one free swimming at Hornchurch & Central Park Leisure Centres (250 children will receive vouchers directly via the game until September 2018) One parent can swim for free if child is aged under at eight years.
- Free piece of fruit with every kids meal purchased over £3, (250 vouches to be won until September 2018, redeem at Hornchurch Café, Harrow leisure centre)
This document from www.nidirect.gov.uk/lunchboxes may be of some help when looking for healthy lunchbox ideas: