BIENVENUE À TOUS!
Learning a foreign language is part of the primary National Curriculum and is a requirement for all children within key stage 2 (KS2). At Scotts Primary School we teach French from year 3 to year 6.
10 REASONS WHY LEARNING A FOREIGN LANGUAGE IS IMPORTANT!
1. Improves your grasp of English.
2. Enhances your confidence.
3. Gives you a wider understanding of world affairs.
4. Widens your career / job options.
5. Improves international relations.
6. Makes travelling easier and more enjoyable.
7. Connects the world and promotes peace.
8. Helps you make friends in new countries.
9. Shows you are open minded and tolerant.
10.Boosts brain power and memory.
All classes will have access to a very high-quality foreign languages curriculum using the Language Angels scheme of work and resources. This will progressively develop pupil skills in foreign languages through regularly taught and well-planned lessons.
Children will progressively acquire, use and apply a growing bank of vocabulary, language skills and grammatical knowledge organised around age-appropriate topics and themes - building blocks of language into more complex, fluent and authentic language.
Where possible we have made cross curricular links so that French learning links to Topics being taught in particular year groups.
Click here to see our French Policy.
Click here to see The Progression Map.
French curriculum overview
Examples of work