ART AND DESIGN
Art and Design at Scotts Primary School
Intent: At Scotts we believe that the learning of Art and Design provides a valuable education, as well as social and cultural experiences for children of all ages. Pupils develop life skills and have the chance to extend their knowledge of a practitioner’s work. We intend to engage, inspire and challenge pupils by equipping them with the knowledge and skills to experiment, invent and create their own works of art, craft and design. We intend to teach the children a skills based curriculum, with individuality and creativity flowing through everything they do. It fires their imagination and is a fundamental means of personal expression.
Scotts Art and Design Overview
Reception -chalk fireworks
Year 1 Art - Drawing and Painting
Year 2 Art - Collage, Printing and Painting
Year 3 Art - Painting and Collage
Year 4 - Drawing and Painting
Year 5 - Viking paintings ,collage and sketching
Questions to ask about art
Look at a piece of art.
What do you see?
Take a moment, look again.
What do you see now? Has it changed? Why?
Lines you see in the artwork.
Colours you see in the artwork.
- Which area of the artwork stands out to you the most? Why?
- What does the artwork make you think of?
- What emotion / mood does it make you feel?
- Close your eyes and describe the artwork from memory. What do you remember?
- What adjectives would you use to describe this artwork?
- If this artwork had sound effects what would they be and why?
- How was this piece of art created?
- If this artwork was a piece of music or a song, what would it be? Why?
- What title would you give this artwork?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/education/subjects/zn3rkqt – BBC Bitesize Art and Design
https://artuk.org/ – Art UK
http://www.tate.org.uk/kids – The Tate – kids zone!
https://www.nga.gov/education/kids.html – National Gallery of Art – kids zone!
http://www.kidsites.com/sites-edu/art.htm – Art games
http://www.picassohead.com/ – Picasso head game
http://www.getty.edu/gettygames/ Getty games