Welcome to Year 1!
Welcome to 1C
Our class teacher is Miss Cook and our teaching assistant is Mrs Monk.
1C will be having PE every Tuesday and Wednesday. Please ensure that your child has their full indoor and outdoor kit available in school at all times. The PE kit should be clearly labelled with your child's name. No earrings or jewellery are to be worn on these days.
Autumn Term Newsletter:
This term in Maths we will be covering:
One more and one less
Number bonds to 10
Addition and subtraction
Measuring height and length using non-standard units of measurement
Recognising different coins and notes
This term in Science we will be looking at:
- identifying and naming a variety of plants, including deciduous and evergreen trees.
- looking at the basic structure of plants.
- changes throughout Autumn.
This term in history we will be looking at:
- placing people, events and objects into correct time order using the terms; past, present and future.
This term in English we will be reading:
Jack and the Beanstalk
Jim and the Beanstalk
The Enormous Turnip
We will be focusing on writing letters and instructions using adjectives.
Here are some great online phonics activities which can help support children at home:
In RE this term we will be covering:
- creation stories within the Christian and Islamic faith.