Welcome to our page!
Our class teacher is Mr O'Meara.
Our class teaching assistant is Mrs Monk.
Spring Curriculum Newsletter
In Maths this term we will be covering:
- Count in 2s, 5s and 10s
- Recall our number facts by heart
- Sort and describe the properties of 2D and 3D shapes
- Add by counting on
- Subtract by counting back
- Double and half
- Tell the time to quarter of the hour
- Measure length, weight and capacity
- Solve problems using addition,
subtraction and measure
In Literacy we are looking at creative writing using descriptive language, punctuation and writing in different tenses.
We will be writing about
- 'The Enchanted Woodland' which is linked to out Topic work (maps) and Science work (animals).
- Kings and Queens linked to our History.
This term we will be learning 'about 'Kings and Queens' from England and the United Kingdom.
We are looking at Maps and using compass points for directions and locations.
We will be creating sculptures and collages.
Please remember that 1M have P.E on Wednesday and Friday so earrings must be removed before children come to school.
Please ensure all kits is labelled with your child's name to help prevent loss.
In Science we are learning about 'Animals including Humans' looking at different species and their habitats/life. We will also we discussing the Human Body and what senses we have and what parts of our body are used for each sense.
Our new class topic will be looking at different materials.
This term we will be looking at Festivals celebrated by different religions.