Welcome to our page!
Our class teacher is Mr O'Meara.
Our class teaching assistant is Mrs Monk.
Summer Curriculum Newsletter
In Maths this term we will be learning about:
- Place Value
- Count in 2s, 5s and 10s
- Recall our number facts by heart
- Sort and describe the properties of 2D and 3D shapes
- Add by counting on
- Subtract by counting back
- Double and half
- Measure length, weight and capacity
- Solve problems using addition,
subtraction and measure
In Literacy we are looking at creative writing using descriptive language, punctuation and writing in different tenses.
We will be writing about
- 'Owl Babies', 'James and the Giant Peach', 'The Scarecrow's Wedding' and other stories.
This term we will be learning about 'How people from the past can influence our lives today', with a particular focus on 'The Space Race'.
We will also be looking at significant events in our Local Area.
We will be creating sculptures and collages.
We will also be studying the work of Vincent Van Gogh.
Please remember that 1M have P.E on Tuesday and Wednesday so earrings must be removed before children come to school.
Please ensure all kits are labelled with your child's name to help prevent loss.
In Science we are learning about Animal structures, Weather and Seasonal Changes.
This term we will be looking at Places of Worship.