Welcome to Year 1
Our teacher is Miss Driscoll and our teaching assistants are Mrs Kavanagh and Mrs Bartram.
In Literacy this term we will be covering:
- The Enchanted Woodland.
- We will be producing some creative story writing based on magical fantasy homes.
- This will link very closely to our Science topic 'Animals including Humans'.
- We will be focusing on developing the children's handwriting, imagination and use of punctuation.
In RE this term we will be looking at:
- Festivals which are celebrated by different religions.
In Science this term we will be covering:
- Animals including Humans
- Every day materials
- Seasonal changes
In Maths this term we will be covering:
- Adding 1 more/less
- 2D and 3D shapes
- Addition and subtraction
Our topics this term are:
- History – Kings and Queens and The Moon Landing.
- Geography – Local area and maps and charts.
- Art – Modelling, sculpture and collage.
Please ensure that your child’s name is clearly labelled on all of their P.E kit. Earrings must be removed on P.E days.
1D P.E days are:
Wednesday and Friday