Welcome to Year 1
Our teacher is Miss Driscoll and our teaching assistants are Mrs Kavanagh and Mrs Bartram.
In Literacy this term we will be covering:
James and the Giant Peach – film unit.
Owl babies - animal fact writing.
Julia Donaldson - What the Ladybird Heard and The Scarecrow's Wedding.
Transition unit – My mum and dad make me laugh.
- We will be focusing on developing the children's handwriting, imagination and use of punctuation.
In RE this term we will be looking at:
- In what ways is a church important to believers?
- Who is a Muslim and what do they believe?
In Science this term we will be covering:
- Animals including Humans
- Seasonal changes
In Maths this term we will be covering:
One more/less 1o more/less
Number bonds to 10 for adding 3 numbers
Our topics this term are:
- History – The Moon Landing and Significant Local Events.
- Geography – Local area and maps and charts.
How does the weather change? How change with the seasons? Weather reports and clothing.
Art – Observational drawing of plants. Making marks printing leaf prints and rubbings.
Please ensure that your child’s name is clearly labelled on all of their P.E kit. Earrings must be removed on P.E days.
1D P.E days are:
Wednesday and Friday